** Submissions Due: April 12th, 2013 (Fri) **
The Bio-Ontologies SIG provides a forum for discussion of the latest research in the application of ontologies and in the organisation, presentation and dissemination of knowledge in the life sciences. In its 15th year, Bio-Ontologies is one of the longest running SIG at ISMB. Papers are invited in areas, such as the applications of bio-ontologies, newly developed bio-ontologies, and the use of ontologies in data sharing standards. Example topics include (but not limited to):
Applications of ontologies in bioinformatics
- Hypothesis Testing Platforms
- Use of Ontologies in Data Standards
- "Flash updates" on Newly Developed or Existing Bio-Ontologies
- Bio-Curation Platforms
- Automated Annotation Pipelines
- Efforts using ontologies for Bio-NLP or Information Retrieval
- Semantic Web Enabled Applications
Advances in development of biomedical ontologies
- Collaborative Ontology Authoring and Peer-Review Mechanisms
- Automated Ontology Learning
- Mapping between Ontologies
- Research in Ontology Evaluation
- Using games for Ontology review and evaluation
We invite three types of submissions.
- Short papers, up to 4 pages.
- Poster abstracts, up to 1 page.
- Flash updates, up to 1 page
Following review, successful papers will be presented at the Bio-Ontologies SIG. Poster abstracts will be provided poster space and time will be allocated for a flash update on the poster. Flash updates are for short talks (5 min) giving the salient new developments on existing public ontologies. Unsuccessful papers will automatically be considered for poster presentation.